1. HAVE A ROUTINE- stick with it! No matter what it is, do the same thing everyday
2. Make a chart with pictures and words for each thing that needs to be accomplished in the morning. Allow the child to checkoff as they go.
3. Set goals for what needs to be done. Perhaps, get dressed, brush hair, and feed the dog before breakfast. Brush teeth, pack backpack, and read a book after breakfast.
4. Bribery! A donut if you get your stuff done!
5. Allowance...have them earn some money while they show they can be responsible for themselves in the morning.
6. No TV
7. Wake up even 10 minutes early
8. Lay out clothes, make lunches, and pack backpacks the night before