- recognizing that every mother, at any stage of motherhood, needs time and opportunity to restore herself as a woman and as a mother
- honoring the love and commitment that each member feels toward her family
- facilitating spiritual, intellectual and social growth by learning and sharing together
- providing time to build lasting relationships through scheduled meetings and outside activities
- caring for our community by highlighting and participating in various service projects
- maintaining an open-door policy at all meetings, outside activities, seasonal and special events
- providing loving, qualified childcare during meetings
Where and when do we meet?
The Mom's Group meets on the first and third Thursdays of the month (from September through May) at Crossroads Church, located at 1602 N 1125 E Road, just East of Monticello, Illinois.
Our meetings are at Crossroads Church 1602 N 1125 E Road Monticello, IL 61856
View Larger Map
What happens at our meetings?
After dropping off children at the nursery, we gather for breakfast and a themed meeting. The first meeting of the month features a speaker, selected by the leadership team, to encourage and educate members. Speaking topics include, but are not limited to, motherhood, marriage, homemaking, and spirituality. All speakers are selected based on the current needs and interests of the group.
The second meeting of each month is a member-led meeting. During these meetings members of The Mom's Group share with other members their talents, interests and expertise is areas across the board. Previous member-led meetings have ranged from yoga to taste-testing brand name vs. store brand food items to self-defense to bra fittings. Member-led meetings are a fantastic way to learn more about fellow members of The Mom's Group and their hidden talents and passions.
What is a typical meeting schedule
- 8:30-9:00 - Child drop-off begins in the nursery while members join together for breakfast and socialization
- 9:10 - Meeting begins with announcements, followed by a devotional
- 9:30-10:45 - Speaker or discussion begins
- 10:45- Announcements and closing prayer
- 10:45-11- Clean up begins, extra time for socializing,check-out for children